Tuesday 1 May 2012

#3. It's okay to contradict yourself and be certain of your decision now

So the next rule is in two parts. Now before I get into it a;;ow me to run on a little about Tavi Gevinson, the author of insanely successful blog Style Rookie and online teen magazine Rookie. I don't think I've ever been so in awe of a girl younger than me in my life. She's found a passion and throws herself into her ventures with such charm and energy that it's really inspirational. Already at 15 she done more with her life than me even though I'm 4 years older. Watching her Tedx talk reminds me that it's only with persistence, zero artifice and God's own honesty that one day I can be capable of achieving as much as her.



I will not pretend to know half these references, Amma stamped on any pop culture religiously in her household. The closest I ever got to being normal was Charmed and Cardcaptors both of which I had (and still have) a rather unhealthy obsession with. I still can't watch Simpsons without feeling a crippling amount of guilt. Of course, I will not excuse my ignorance and will enlighten myself very soon, But the idea that society is obsessed with single dimensional personalities really struck a chord with me.

I've had to consider universities recently. I've received all my offers and I've changed my mind often on which one I want to go. People seem to find it so strange that I can be dead set for one path and then wake up a week later with a further weeks worth of experience and knowledge and consider another choice. There are times where I've wondered if I can rely on my judgement because I've been known to change my mind quickly. I think it just stems back to my ability to argue with anyone about anything for the sake of it. I can argue with myself horrifically well.

One one hand I know I need to know my mind, but on the other hand I still haven't magicked up the ability to be right first time every time. In fact, I've yet to meet anyone with that ability.

I think I found a new test for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment